Gardening Tips & Hints
Below are informative sources for native planting, recycling, and gardening in the South.
The LSU AgCenter’s mission is to provide the people of Louisiana with research-based educational information that will improve their lives and economic well-being. The LSU AgCenter plays an integral role in supporting agricultural industries, enhancing the environment, and improving the quality of life through its 4-H youth, family and consumer sciences, and community development programs.
- 10 Garden Ideas to Steal from New Orleans
- Native Plants
- Guide to the Plants of Louisiana
- Going Native
- Urban Pollinator Conservation Series: Pollinator Gardening in Louisiana
- Colorful summer bedding plants take the heat
- 12 flowering plants that stand up to New Orleans heat and humidity
- Louisiana gardening by the month: What to plant and when to plant it for a gorgeous garden all year long
- Invasive Species
- Why Native Plants Are Better for Birds and People
- Native plants are easier to maintain, and you’ll get used to the way they look, authors say