The NOTG support a variety of programs in the New Orleans area that enhance the mission of The Garden Club of America “…to stimulate the knowledge and love of gardening, to share the advantages of the association by means of educational meetings, conferences, correspondence and publications, and to restore, improve, and protect the quality of the environment through educational programs and actions in the fields of conservation and civic improvement.” Priority is given to funding for specific projects or incorporating well-defined objectives and timetables and promising public benefits. Since 1952, NOTG has contributed over $1 million to the greater New Orleans community.
In 2019, the NOTG membership approved unanimously to give financial grants to the following proposals from local civic organizations in keeping with our mission.
The NOTG membership approved unanimously to give financial grants to the following proposals from local civic organizations in keeping with our mission.
- Butterfly Garden at Langston Hughes Academy
- Common Ground Relief Project
- Desire Street Academy Urban Garden
- Felicity Street Redevelopment Program
- FirstLine Schools Edible Schoolyard New Orleans
- Grow Dat Youth Farm
- Hermann-Grima/Gallier Historic Houses
- Jackson Square Gardens and Charles de Gaulle Fountain
- Latter Library Garden Conservancy
- Lazarus House Courtyard